Sunday, March 31, 2019
This year we will be celebrating Camp Sunday on March 31 at the 8:00 and 10:30 services! This is a great opportunity to find out more information about our Diocesan Camps Program and to hear fun stories from those kiddos, Youth and Families who attend!
NEW THIS YEAR: We will be having a S'mores Fundraiser after the 10:30 service!!! We hope you will join us as we roast some marshmallows by "the campfire" and make some yummy s'mores!! All donations will go towards Rec's Camp Scholarships, for those families who need extra help with camp expenses!
We have Camp Sunday to …
- Raise awareness of our diocesan camping ministries for all ages. There are summer programs for children, youth, college students, adults, families, veterans, and more on the beach, in the mountains, and on the banks of the Guadalupe River!
- Share transformational stories and experiences which invite and encourage others to attend and support this ministry.
- Explain to church members how diocesan scholarships work:
1/3 diocesan funds + 1/3 congregation scholarship funds + 1/3 personal funding if available
- If personal funding is not possible the balance can be provided with a combination of church and diocesan funding, determined by the church and camp offices.
- Emphasize that both diocesan and congregational funds are needed for scholarship funds.
- This is not an either/or … but a BOTH/AND.